DEPARTMENT OF CARDIAC TECHNOLOGY:
- Echocardiography is a procedure through which ultrasound is applied to the heart in order to obtain and view images
- It can be performed through the transthoracic or transesophageal techniques on repose or through cardiac stimulation
- A treadmill exercise stress test is used to determine the effects of exercise on the heart. Exercise allows doctors to detect abnormal heart rhythms (arrhythmias) and diagnose the presence or absence of coronary artery disease.
- Defibrillators are devices that restore a normal heartbeat by sending an electric pulse or shock to the heart.
DEPARTMENT OF PERFUSION TECHNOLOGY:
HEART LUNG MACHINE
- A machine that does the work of both the heart and the lungs, pumping and oxygenating blood. Blood returning to the heart is diverted through a heart-lung machine before being returned to arterial circulation. Such machines may be used during open-heart surgery. Also known as pump-oxygenator or cardiopulmonary bypass
HEATER COOLER MACHINE
- Heater-cooler devices are often necessary during surgeries to warm or cool patients as part of their care. They are especially important tools for surgeries involving the heart and lungs (cardiothoracic surgeries). This include tanks that provide temperature-controlled water to external heat exchangers or to warming/cooling blankets through closed water circuits.
- The Activated Clotting Time test is an in vitro diagnostic test that uses fresh, whole blood, and is used to monitor high-dose heparin anticoagulation frequently associated with cardiovascular surgery.
- Extracorporeal membrane oxygenation, also known as extracorporeal life support, is an extracorporeal technique of providing prolonged cardiac and respiratory support to persons whose heart and lungs are unable to provide an adequate amount of gas exchange or perfusion to sustain life.
DEPARTMENT OF ANAESTHESIA:
- An anesthetic machine or anesthesia machine is a medical device used to generate and mix a fresh gas flow of medical gases and inhalational anesthetic agents for the purpose of inducing and maintaining anaesthesia.
MULTI PARAMETER MACHINE
- The multipara meter monitors are designed to give number of information on one screen and hence provides multiple information that is needed to understand the patient condition. It has emerged as a monitor to offer flexible solution for varying critical care need.
- A ventilatoris a machine that provides mechanical ventilation by moving breathable air into and out of the lungs, to deliver breaths to a patient who is physically unable to breathe, or breathing insufficiently.
DEPARTMENT OF RADIOLOGY:
- Radiographyis an imaging technique using X-rays (ionizing radiation) to view the internal form of an object. Radiographic images are useful for a very wide range of medial indications To diagnose broken bones, Malignancies Cardiovascular disorders Dentistry
- Fluoroscopyis a type of medical imaging that shows a continuous X-ray image on a monitor, much like an X-ray movie
- Real time x-ray movie of the patient
- Mammography is radiography of the breast
- Mammography makes use of much lower X-ray energies than general purpose radiography
- CT is a diagnostic Imaging test used to create detailed images of internal organs, bones, soft tissue and blood vessels
MAGNETIC RESONANCE IMAGING
- MRI is a tomographic imaging modality, and competes with X-ray CT in many clinical applications
- No ionizing radiation
DEPARTMENT OF RESPIRATORY MEDICINE
Pulmonary Function Test (Digital Spirometry)
This is a test used in the diagnosis of Obstructive and Restrictive Lung Diseases. Helps in the diagnosis , monitoring and lung function in Bronchial Asthma and COPD patients.
Test used to measure diffusing capacity in respiratory diseases such as ILD and COPD. Students are trained to perform the test.
Peak Flow Meter
This simple portable device is used for recording the Peak Expiratory Flow Rate in patients suspected of Obstructive Airway Diseases. Students are trained to perform this test on the patients.
This is used to intubate the patient for mechanical ventilation. Students are trained to assist and observe this procedure in the Intensive Care Unit.
DEPARTMENT OF PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT:
Sphygmomanometer (B.P apparatus),
- mercurial, 300mm/hg, inflation system
- Use: For measuring blood pressure
Clinical Digital Thermometer
- Clinical digital thermometer with automatic shutoffs, fast response , alarm signal and break resistance
- Use: For detecting body temperature
- Utilizes biosensor technology, wide
- measurement range, average 1– 33.3
- mmol/l, with test memory with or without cholesterol
Department of Medical Lab Technology
- Used for visualising minute structures, including microbes
Centrifugation is a separation technique by which particles of different shape, size and density are separated based upon their sedimentation rate by spinning under the influence of centrifugal force.
- Used for sterilization of glass ware and media
- Used for bacterial and fungal cultures
Department of Renal Dialysis Technology
It is a process of purifying the blood of a person whose kidneys are not working normally. This type of dialysis achieves the extracorporeal removal of waste products such as creatinine and urea and free water from the blood when the kidneys are in a state of kidney failure.
Haemodialysis is one of three renal replacement therapies (the other two being kidney transplant and peritoneal dialysis). An alternative method for extracorporeal separation of blood components such as plasma or cells is apheresis.
Peritoneal dialysis is a treatment for kidney failure that uses the lining of your abdomen, or belly, to filter your blood inside your body. Health care providers call this lining the peritoneum.
- Multiple computer terminals enable students to actively use the internet